Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas time = German market time

I need no convincing when it comes to going to a market at the weekend as you may well of guessed from previous posts - its definitely my favourite way of spending a Saturday afternoon and Christmas isn't Christmas until a visit to the German market in Old market square has happened.
Last Saturday afternoon this happened and my festive countdown began. Jack and I headed straight for the sausage stall - I never thought Id eat another sausage after my recent Berlin trip however I'm not one to break a tradition and Ive now overcome my fear after eating far too many whilst there (maybe a post is in order about this experience) As Christmas shoppers stopped for their energy re-fuel, others casually browsed the eclectic stalls (this was definitely us - we were in no hurry)
My usual photographs of fudge stalls happened - I'm sure i could fill a scrap book with my annual snap shots - how many pictures of the same things do i need???
Unlike us we finished the afternoon with a coffee!!!!!!! and not a bear / mulled wine - I suppose some traditions were broken that afternoon. 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 All photographs are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment